Make your New Year’s resolution into a New Year’s health revolution!
Acupuncture and Chinese medicine can help you get fit and healthy for weight loss without the struggle!
Year after year, getting healthy and losing weight is at the top of the New Year’s goal list.
43% of Americans said they planned to lose weight and make healthier choices at the beginning of 2015, but 76% reported they did not follow any weight loss or dietary plan in 2014.
Overweight and obesity-related conditions have serious long term consequences that include heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, fatty liver, osteoarthritis and certain types of cancer: some of the leading causes of preventable death. It also ages the body, shortens life expectancy and can prevent you from getting pregnant.
“I can diet and exercise for weeks; lose a few pounds to then gain it all back and more”….. “After having a baby my body isn’t the same…” The answer is not a simple “eat less” or “exercise more”.
Why is it so hard to lose weight and get healthy?
- Your health needs to be at the top of your priority list! If it is not “urgent” we usually ignore it and that stops us from succeeding. Urgency is what that motivates us to take action now. Choices we make and actions we take about our health now have major implications and consequences for our future self.
- Health issues can prevent you from losing weight. Stress, poor sleep, metabolic and hormonal imbalances, emotional imbalances, digestive disorders, medications and genetic predisposition to certain diseases -- these need to be addressed as part of a whole health consciousness.
- Lacking a clear understanding of how our body works and a simple plan to follow. When we don’t get immediate results, we tend to give up and fall back to old habits and routines.
- Being stuck in a disempowering mindset that keep us stuck and feeling out of control. “I don’t have time”, “It’s too hard”, “I’ll do it later” or”I don’t want to give up my…”, “I don’t have will power”, “it’s expensive”, “haven’t found the right diet…”
Losing weight and maintaining a healthy weight is a multi-faceted problem, acupuncture along with dietary changes, exercise and stress reduction can help you successfully achieve healthy practices.
How can acupuncture help?
Incorporating acupuncture will support your physiological and biological efficiency and bring awareness to behaviors and patterns that undermine losing weight and getting healthy.
Benefits of making acupuncture part of your healthy practices:
- Stress relief: A major health issue
- Improves sleep: critical for health
- Supports the immune system
- Regulate hormones that can cause a sluggish metabolism
- Balances emotions and cravings
- Improves metabolism and digestion
- Helps balance sugar metabolism
- Reduces food sensitivities: supports the immune system and reduces inflammation
- Helps to remove toxins and metabolic waste that is stored in liver and tissue
- Improves blood flow and circulation
“By treating the whole person we are able to heal imbalances and bring the body into a state of optimal wellness.”
Steps to Take on Your Own
- Eat fresh and organic; the less processed the better so you don’t absorb chemicals and pesticides.
- Hydrate; drink plenty of water, de-hydration interferes with the body’s ability to eliminate metabolic waste.
- Avoid fat free and sugar free foods and drinks; artificial sweeteners disrupt brain chemistry and mess with insulin levels.
- Avoid sugar and alcohol; alcohol kills the “good” bacteria in your gut interfering with proper nutrient absorption.
- Get a good pro-biotic; making sure that your gut bacteria are plentiful will help with sugar metabolism, the immune system and mood. Studies show that 80% of serotonin is produced in the gut.
- Get sleep! Poor sleep habits are a serious health hazard and affect the blood sugar levels and digestion.
- Stress relief; take a break from the electronics, cell phones, tablets and computers tend to over stimulate the nervous system. Try some breathing exercises.
- Accountability partner; team up with a partner that also wants to get healthy personal support makes a huge difference.
- Get up and move; sitting for long periods of time will increase your risk of diabetes, heart disease and shorter life span even if you exercise!
Make getting healthy and fit a top priority. Take action by starting today; your future self will thank you!